Coin and Paper Money Collecting/pope paul vi silver coin

Question
QUESTION: i have a silver pope paul vi coin & i would like to know if it is worth anything on the front it has a picture of christ on it and the words misterivm fidei caritatis & on the back it has a coat of arms and the words pavlvs vi bogotensi evchar.e cvnctis gentibvs conventvi interfvt a mcmlxviii  & has papal arms over keys surmounted by tiara with ribbon it was for a visit to colombia in 1968 it is in a red presentation box

ANSWER: Hi Alice,
This is the design of an official government sanctioned medal for the 1968 Papal visit. They were made in brass, silver and gold. There are also novelty replica versions out there is brass, bronze and other metals. I would really need to see a clear picture of the piece to be able to assess it. You can attach one to a follow-up question on this site.
Thanks for the question! =)

back
back  

front
front  
QUESTION: there is a stamp on the medal though it is very small, pictures atttched

Answer
Hi again Alice,
It appears to be a genuine silver example. It should be stamped "800" at the bottom below the crest. Value is between $75 and $100 US, with the lower end of the range for an auction and the higher end for a retail situation.
Thanks again for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits