Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1851 Indian Head Silver Dollar

Question
1851 O
1851 O  

1851 R
1851 R  
Joe,
I have one of these odd coins which looks like a US coin but obviously is not. It looks pocket-worn (circulated) but was never really spendable so it must be a fake, but I would still like to find the history of it.
I have a .pdf scan and jpegs of both sides if you would like to see them. I will attach it to this note.

Answer
Hi James,

No Clue, never seen anything like it.  During this period, dollars were of the seated liberty variety, or gold (California Fractional pieces)

I can't locate my Pattern book to look it up so I can't help you there.  Maybe it's a pattern?  Although I have never seen on in the book like that.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Regards
Joe

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas