Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1928 $20 gold clause note

Question
1928 $20
1928 $20  
Hello,
 I have a 1928 gold clause? note. It was printed in Minneapolis. Could you give any information about scarcity and approximate value?

Thank you, Bernie

Answer
Hi Bernie:

Okay. Let's go with what you've given me.  It appears you have a lightly circulated 1928 Series Star note, relatively low serial number $20 Federal Reserve Note, with the signatures of "Tate" and "Mellon". The current trends in "Paper Money Values" for a (Friedburg # 2050-I*) 1928 $20 note is $500 in VF condition. Your note is probably a higher grade, so let's say $750 for Extra Fine condition. The lower serial number may be of some added value to an interested collector.

Remember, dealers usually pay about 50-60% of retail for items they are interested in.

Check with a reliable auction firm for more information, like Heritage Auctions, at: http://currency.ha.com or see: http://www.oldcurrencyvalues.com/1928_20_dollar_bill_value.html

Hope this gives you the information you were looking for and good luck in your collecting.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern