Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1965 lincoln

Dan , i found a 1965 Lincoln memorial penny that is silver in color no copper, it is almost bu, no mint mark

Hi Kenneth,

Without a first-hand examination, all I can say is that most likely it has been plated, either with silver or zinc -- I have seen many like that from all different dates -- this is not something that happened at the mint.  Check the weight -- it should be just over 3.1 grams -- if it's significantly different, then you need to get it checked out first-hand by an expert.

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College