Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1851 Indian Head Silver Dollar

disk818 wrote at 2012-11-19 15:27:02
It seems you have a Chinese made coin with the reverse of an 1851 $1 gold coin with the obverse of an Indian head penny I have come across many coins coming from china over the last fifteen years or so. There known to make fake coins of value and that are highly collectable, these crooks from china make fakes so good its hard for some experts to tell there fake.But there's also crooks that don't know what there doing adding incorrect images for the wrong year or wrong metals used on the coins.For example I own an 1855 $1 liberty coin that I know is from and made in china   that has an obverse of a large liberty design made from 1856-1889 not the design that was on the 1855, the metal content is gold but it's only about 25% gold.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas