Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Gold Georgivs Coin Value

Question
Gold coin
Gold coin  

Gold coin
Gold coin  
Hello and thank you for being a volunteer on this subject. I would like to know a fair selling price for this coin that I have. It is a (1927 GEORGIVS V D.G. BRITT OMN REX F.D. IND IMP) with the "S" mint mark (I believe the S represtenst Sydney, Australia), It also has a J21 stamp as well. The coin is solid gold and weighs almost 8 grams and is 22mm across and is in very nice condition with no dents, scratches, dirt, etc. Any info would greatly be appreciated!!!
Thank You!!!
Mel

Answer
Hi Mel,
This is actually a jewelers replica in solid 21kt gold. These are somewhat common for the sovereign coin series. This is why the details and surface appearance of the coin are somewhat different when compared to normal coins.
They typically have letters for the maker and the number 21. I had a previous question about one of these stamped M.O.M.21, and it was the same thing just made by a different jeweler.
Realistically it is worth gold bullion value. Being in excellent condition does not add a premium the way it does for an official circulated coin, because something like this was never expected to be circulated or used in the first place.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits