Coin and Paper Money Collecting/gold and silver coin

Mr.Hylas:  I have a 1922 dollar  that has a liberty head and some ki nd of bird on the other side. It has a gold back ground with the profile in silver.  The other side is all gold.  Is this worth anything or where can I find out where I can sell it if it is.  Thanks

Hi Darlene,
These are known as Peace Dollars.  They were made to commemorate the end of WWI between the years of 1921 and 1935.

The gold you see was added after it left the mint and is probably enamel or a gold wash and add no more value to the coin.

Your coin is worth approximately $25.  Check eBay for similar items or to sell yours.

Good Luck
Joe Hylas

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow