Coin and Paper Money Collecting/gold and silver coin

Question
Mr.Hylas:  I have a 1922 dollar  that has a liberty head and some ki nd of bird on the other side. It has a gold back ground with the profile in silver.  The other side is all gold.  Is this worth anything or where can I find out where I can sell it if it is.  Thanks

Answer
Hi Darlene,
These are known as Peace Dollars.  They were made to commemorate the end of WWI between the years of 1921 and 1935.

The gold you see was added after it left the mint and is probably enamel or a gold wash and add no more value to the coin.

Your coin is worth approximately $25.  Check eBay for similar items or to sell yours.

Good Luck
Joe Hylas

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas