Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Louis XVI coin.

Question
Side 1
Side 1  

Side 2
Side 2  
Hi Dmitry

I have an old French coin with Louis XVI on the back it also has an A at the bottom. On the front it has a type of wreath around the edge with a pillar (?) in the middle. On the front it says 12 D. Please could you help me identify this coin. What mint it is. And what if anything it would be worth today?

Many thanks
Jason

Answer
Hi Jason,
This is a French 12 denier coin. The A mint mark denotes it was made at the Paris Mint. The date is worn on your coin, but these all date to around the time of the French Revolution, 1791-1793. Unfortunately in this condition without clear date it is worth just a couple of dollars.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits