Coin and Paper Money Collecting/misprinted coins

Question
I worked at a bank in Minnesota for 20 years, 6 of the years as a teller with a duty of rolling loose coins purchased from the Federal Reserve Bank into rolls.  During that time I came across 2 misprinted coins.  A quarter back in 1988, (dated 1988), and a penny so mis-stamped, that only half the image is visable on both sides, and unfortunately the year was not stamped on the coin.  I found both of them, when they were stuck in the rolling machine since they were mis-stamped.  I would like to know the value of both of these coins.   I have a picture of them that I would love to send.  Thank you!

Answer
Hi Barbara,

These are known as off-center strike errors, caused by the coin blank not getting fully inserted into the press when the coin was struck, so the image on the coin is not centered.

The no-date penny is worth a dollar or two -- the quarter is worth about $5

I hope this helps,

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore