Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Odd Penny

Question
WheatPenny1
WheatPenny1  

WheatPenny2
WheatPenny2  
Hello, I came across this coin today is there anything you could tell me about it? Ive never seen anything like this?! Thank you!!

Answer
Hi Darren,

Thank you for the pictures.

What you have is known as an encased penny.  It's hard to say where or why it was put into its encasement -- I did not see any writing on the encasement.  From the looks of it, this was probably carried in somebody's pocket for a long time.

These encasements usually said something like "Good Luck", or had somebody's advertisement on them.  If you can make out any writing on yours, it may help to determine its origin.  Otherwise, it's value will not be a lot -- perhaps a couple dollars.

I hope this helps,

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore