Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Token or Coin

coin2 001.jpg
coin2 001.jpg  
Could you please tell me what this might be? Thanks

Hi Brenda,
This is a weight, often used to check the weights of coins or precious metals. It reads 5 dry weights, or 8 grams.
It is English in origin and made during the reign of George III, which was from 1760 to 1820.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).