Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1950 Series A Ten Dollar Bill

I have a 1950 Series A Ten Dollar bill where the flag on the front of the treasury building is upsidedown, or apears to be. I held on to it for the simple fact it was so green and in really good condition. It is a series A and the serial is 76602478. Is this worth anything other than face value? Thanks

This is a great question.  We get asked about old money values frequently.  Sadly, what you are describing is not actually an error and does not carry a premium.  There are lots of flags on the back of that series that do appear to be upside down.  However, even if they do look upside down, they are not considered errors.  It is really all just in the eye of the beholder.  So this time you don't have a winner, but keep looking.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett

I can answer any question relating to valuing US Currency. My specialty is national currency, large-size currency, and small size issues between 1928 and 1957. Many bank notes have variables that can make two seemingly identical notes have very different values. That is why it is so important to work with an expert. I also work with rare Canadian banknotes as well as some foreign currency (mostly British Commonwealth countries). I have participated either as a buyer or seller in more than 500 different coin auctions.

I have been a full time currency dealer since 2006. I set up at about ten national coin and currency shows per year all across the country. My company has a retail location in Greenville, SC. I also run a website about old money values. I am also currently the director of currency auctions at Stacks Bowers. So I am in a unique position to see, value, and sell millions of dollars worth of paper money on a annual basis. I have been lucky enough to sell hundreds of individual banknotes worth over $10,000. I personally hold several world records for highest price paid for certain categories of banknotes. While I personally don't deal a tremendous amount of coins, I can provide sound advice on where to sell coins in NYC, and other major metro areas across the country. I have seen the worst of the worst and the best of the best when it comes to coin dealers.

South Carolina Numismatic Association (Life Member and Past Board Member), Society of Paper Money Collectors (Life Member), American Numismatic Association (Member), Florida United Numismatist Association (Member)

Bank Note Reporter, Chicago Tribune

Clemson University BS in Corporate Finance, Western Carolina University Masters in Accountancy