Coin and Paper Money Collecting/A 1979 DDO Question?

Question
Sir,I have Question about any 1979 DDO's listed online.

Have there been any (REAL certified DDO's) found of this year?

I see some on Sale on (Ebay),but...they don't have PGCS or NGC or..
any certificaion? Are those real DDO's..?
There are none listed online on CC..and Why?
Sir,is there any (Referece) manuel that you have that showes someone finding or regestering a REAL DDO of 1979?

Appreciate you Expert Guidance in this Question?

God Bless
Beck
Lincoln Cent Treasure Hunter
Preserving the American Historical Heritage.

Answer
Hi Beck,

Well, to put it bluntly, the two guys trying to pass off those 1979 DDO's are totally clueless.  Both coins are clearly strike doubles, not die doubles.  They are probably ignorant of what a real DDO is, but you never know, they may be trying to pull something.

This is a perfect example of why you need to have these DDO's certified, so that your customer knows what he's buying.

When you come to the FUN show, I recommend you locate the couple of dealers that specialize in error coins, and have them look over the stuff you've found, just to get their first-hand opinions, before you go and spend money to have them certified.

2 Dealers to look for :
Byers Numismatic Corp (Mike Byers)
Fred Weinberg & Co.

They will both be at the show, and are the two biggest error dealers I know.

Lastly, I know of no reference that lists any known 1979 DDO's.

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore