Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Is this a Broadstrike error?

Question
Broadstrike
Broadstrike  
Its a 1983 D dime I came across. The reverse looks exactly like the obverse, brown tinted and extremely pushed in compared to the raised rims.

Is it an error or damage? And if it is an error, of course I must inquire about its value.

Thank you very much!

Answer
Kyle:

No. It is an altered coin called a "spoon" coin. Many were done in prison by inmates. The coin is tapped around the edge with a spoon. Over time, the coin gets smaller and the edge rolls up as your photo indicates. Altered coins have no added numismatic value.

If you live close to a local shop, they should offer an opinion as to their value at no charge. Should you decide to sell your item to a dealer (if it is real), they will offer about 50% to 60% of the retail value. Always try and get at least two opinions and try and deal with PNG dealers if possible. Here's a link to find one in your area: http://www.pngdealers.com/dealersearch.php

Please remember to go to the experts site to rate this answer. And check the nomination box on the rating page below any comments you may have.

Thank You and Good Luck in your collecting.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern