Coin and Paper Money Collecting/GEORGIVS V DEI GRA: BRITT: OMN: REX FID: DEF: IND: IMP 1913

Question
Hello Joe! It will be very helpful to me if you can help me with an answer, or just an opinion about a coin that  I have. It is a GEORGIVS V DEI GRA: BRITT: OMN: REX FID: DEF: IND: IMP 1913 (golden), it is in a great condition and I really need to know how valuable it really is and should I sell it rather than keep it. If it has any numismatic value what is it and who could be interested in it? I am from Bulgaria (very small country in Eastern Europe) and I am not sure that there will be someone interested here.
Thank you, your advice will be very helpful to me!

Best regards,
Vladimir

Answer
Hi Vladimir,
If it's gold, it sounds like a British Sovereign.  They are 22mm in diameter and weigh 7.988 grams and contain .2354 oz of pure gold.  However they did make 1/2 sovereigns that are 19.3mm and weigh 3.99 grams

The value of the sovereign is $400 and the 1/2 sovereign is $200 based on gold at $1700

Best regards
Joe Hylas
www.AllCoins.US

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas