Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Maria Theresia

Maria Theresia
Maria Theresia  

Maria Theresia
Maria Theresia  
Dear Sir, I ask for your opinion about the coin whose picture I send attached.
I am interested in the year of minting and value.
Thank you.

Hi Dejana,
This particular one is Hafner #16, which was struck in Vienna between 1790 and 1805. A genuine example in this condition without damage is worth $300+. With the scratches on the face, the value is closer to $200.
Thank you for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).