Coin and Paper Money Collecting/O H Hedburg token

Dimitrys, I have an O H Hedberg, Swedish house Argyle St Hobartton token. The museum site does not give values, It describes many mules and late strikes, this is not. No pictorial element, 50% beading intact, centre well worn. Still read one penny, reverse side the O H has worn off. I also have a good collection of pre-decimal Australian coins. Could you tell me the value of 1933 penny, and 1951 halfpenny.Which other dates of penny/halfpenny are rare?

Hi Frances,
My apologies for the delay in answering your question.
I would really need to see a picture of the OH Hedberg token to give a value. There are a good 10 different varieties with values ranging from less than $100 to a couple thousand. However, the demand for these is really for higher grade pieces, as even the rarer ones are fairly easy to find in significantly worn condition. If you can attach a picture or two to a follow-up question that would really be helpful.
The 1933 penny is common, but there is a scarcer variety with the last 3 in the date struck over a 2. It can be identified because the top hook of the last 3 will have an extra hook, or tooth coming out of the tip.
The 1951 halfpenny coins were made at three different mints, but all three versions are common.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).