Coin and Paper Money Collecting/misprint/miscut $100 bill

Question
$100 Bill
$100 Bill  

$100 Bill
$100 Bill  
Hello, this unique $100 bill came through a normal transaction at our bank and I purchased it in case it may be worth something since it is unually cut. The upper left hand corner is raised a little higher than the rest of the note. It has not been torn/reattached, etc. Attached is a picture. Thank you for any information.

Answer
The bad thing about your note is that without the misprint it is already worth $100.  So the misprint really does not add too much value.  You could probably get $125 - $150 from an interested buyer.  Face value is very important when dealing with errors and other rare money.  High denoms like $100s are not popular to collect as errors because you are trying up a lot of face value.  On the other hand, high denominations are popular to collect with large size type notes because they are actually very rare.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett