Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1969 A $10.00 dollar note

QUESTION: I have a 10 dollar federal reserve note 1069A and a G in the circle
serial# G09262778C  the ink on the front is right but the back
is faint like the ink ran out.  It is the same color all over like
it is very faded.  I found it in a book my father had and he marked
it as rare.  Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

ANSWER: That is likely a legitimate error.  I would have to see a picture in order to tell you exactly what kind of error it is.  There are several possibilities based on your description.  The value would range from $50 to $300 based on the condition of the bill and the severity of the error.

QUESTION: If I can get a good picture of the bill, can I e mail it to you
I will try to take both sides so you can see the discoloration.
Where can I send to

Thank you,   Gloria

Just remember that it is easy to fake errors.  People will do anything to make something common into something rare.  There are reference sites about old money values.  Most people use inkjet printers, scissors, and erasers to make fake errors.  Any dealer or expert can easily spot the fakes.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett

I can answer any question relating to valuing US Currency. My specialty is national currency, large-size currency, and small size issues between 1928 and 1957. Many bank notes have variables that can make two seemingly identical notes have very different values. That is why it is so important to work with an expert. I also work with rare Canadian banknotes as well as some foreign currency (mostly British Commonwealth countries). I have participated either as a buyer or seller in more than 500 different coin auctions.

I have been a full time currency dealer since 2006. I set up at about ten national coin and currency shows per year all across the country. My company has a retail location in Greenville, SC. I also run a website about old money values. I am also currently the director of currency auctions at Stacks Bowers. So I am in a unique position to see, value, and sell millions of dollars worth of paper money on a annual basis. I have been lucky enough to sell hundreds of individual banknotes worth over $10,000. I personally hold several world records for highest price paid for certain categories of banknotes. While I personally don't deal a tremendous amount of coins, I can provide sound advice on where to sell coins in NYC, and other major metro areas across the country. I have seen the worst of the worst and the best of the best when it comes to coin dealers.

South Carolina Numismatic Association (Life Member and Past Board Member), Society of Paper Money Collectors (Life Member), American Numismatic Association (Member), Florida United Numismatist Association (Member)

Bank Note Reporter, Chicago Tribune

Clemson University BS in Corporate Finance, Western Carolina University Masters in Accountancy