Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Dollar Bill

Dollar Bill
Dollar Bill  

Dollar Bill
Dollar Bill  
I have a dollar bill that's not fully printed on the back side of the bill.  Approximately three quarters of the back side shows to be of normal printing with words and symbols but the left hand side is blank. Is this worth anything?

Assuming it is in choice uncirculated condition, then it should be worth around $150.  Great find.

I thought I would add on to my answer a little bit.  First let me say that there are websites where you can find lots of information about rare currency.  At first glance your error could have happened three different ways.  It could be a foldover error, meaning the paper was folded back and missed the printing.  It could be an obstruction error, meaning something was on top of the note and made the back miss part of the printing.  Or it could be that the plate ran out of ink.  When you take a closer look and see that there is still faint printing left, then the only option is the insufficient inking.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Manning Garrett

I can answer any question relating to valuing US Currency. My specialty is national currency, large-size currency, and small size issues between 1928 and 1957. Many bank notes have variables that can make two seemingly identical notes have very different values. That is why it is so important to work with an expert. I also work with rare Canadian banknotes as well as some foreign currency (mostly British Commonwealth countries). I have participated either as a buyer or seller in more than 500 different coin auctions.

I have been a full time currency dealer since 2006. I set up at about ten national coin and currency shows per year all across the country. My company has a retail location in Greenville, SC. I also run a website about old money values. I am also currently the director of currency auctions at Stacks Bowers. So I am in a unique position to see, value, and sell millions of dollars worth of paper money on a annual basis. I have been lucky enough to sell hundreds of individual banknotes worth over $10,000. I personally hold several world records for highest price paid for certain categories of banknotes. While I personally don't deal a tremendous amount of coins, I can provide sound advice on where to sell coins in NYC, and other major metro areas across the country. I have seen the worst of the worst and the best of the best when it comes to coin dealers.

South Carolina Numismatic Association (Life Member and Past Board Member), Society of Paper Money Collectors (Life Member), American Numismatic Association (Member), Florida United Numismatist Association (Member)

Bank Note Reporter, Chicago Tribune

Clemson University BS in Corporate Finance, Western Carolina University Masters in Accountancy