Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1 9 7 7 Double Dye Obverse #0189A

Becks 1977 DDO  Full Obverse view
Becks 1977 DDO Full O  

Date Closeup view 1977 DDO
Date Closeup view 1977  
Sir,I feel I found a real DDO
None,listed online.
Its, History in the making...God Willing,Amen!

Appreciate a Expert vote and Advise.

God Bless,
Lincoln Cent Treasure Hunter.
Preserving the American Historical Heritage.
PS:More Closeup pic sent to your site

Hi Beck,

The one really close-up picture of the date -- "ZAAA view 1977 DDO Date 0189A.JPG" -- gives the 97 the appearance of a doubled die.

However all of the rest of the pictures look like just strike doubling -- especially the other close-up picture of the date -- "AA_2date_view_1977_DDO_0189A.JPG" -- definitely just strike doubling there.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College