Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1867 Napoleon III 5 franc coin

Question
What is this coin worth? It has a "A" mint mark on the face side, is circulated but very readable letters with stars and writing on the edge of the coin. It is worn more in the middle of both sides of the coin than near the edges. The edge of the face and letters on both sides are crisp but the folds of the cloth and the bird are 1/2 worn.

Answer
Hello Woody, thanks for the question. The A mintmark is Paris, that's where your coin was minted.It was a fairly busy year on the 5 Francs in Paris in 1867, they produced over 6.5 million of them. The signs of wear that you describe place your coin, I am sorry to say, at the lowest end of the grading spectrum and give it a value of around 10 euros. If it were at the highest end it would be worth 300 euros, so keep hunting.

Best regards

barry

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

barry cutts