Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1969 Error?

Hi, Joe I found what kinda look like a 1969 d penny..Only the nine on the end looks almost like Yen and yang sign.or like A 6 was misplaced on the 9 ..I know nothing about this so any help would be great..thank you.

It sounds to me like a die shift as opposed to an engraving error.  I am betting it is not a major error or it would have had more publicity over the years.  I checked the "Cherry Pickers Guide" to see if it was listed and it is not.

Although a neat find, it probably has little value.

Joe Hylas

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow