Coin and Paper Money Collecting/20.00 gold certificate

I have a 20.00 gold certificate dated 1926....what is it worth?

Hi Shirlene,

It really depends upon the condition of the bill.  The fewer fold, tears or pinholes, the better.  They can range from $5 to a few thousand dollars if they are mint.

Is there anyway you can send me a picture or a scan of it?

Joe Hylas

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow