Coin and Paper Money Collecting/$5 bill 1985

Here is a picture of that $5 bill-
Thank you

Hi Marie,

That's an interesting partial offset printing error.

What happened is that a previous blank sheet either got folded over or misaligned when it entered the press.  This left an area that did not have any paper, so some of the ink from the inked plates transferred their image to the impression cylinder.  Then the next 6 or 7 sheets got printed with the normal image from the inked plates on one side and the backwards transferred impression from the cylinder on the other side.  One of these sheets is where your note came from.  Approximate value is $150-$200.

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College