Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Double stamped coin

I found a wheat penny that is stamped on both sides with all the wheat symbols and not a face or a date.  What is this worth if anything and what channels can I go through to have it evaluated.  Thank you for any info you can supply me with.

Hi Kathy,

What you have is a magician's coin.  Somebody took two normal wheat pennies, altered them, and glued the altered pieces back together to make it appear as a 2-tailed coin.  If you use a strong magnifier, and closely examine the area just inside the raised rim, on one side or the other you will find a thin seam where the two pieces fit together.

There's an interesting article about these here :

These sell on eBay and at novelty shops for a couple dollars.

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College