Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Elizabeth II Dei Gratia Regina Coin

I have a Elizabeth II Dei Gratia Regina Coin F:D gold coin with a head on each side of the coin.  It's small, about the size of a penny.  Is this worth anything?  Or is it even a real coin?

Hi Christina,
It does not sound like any of the regular issue gold coins, as those have a head on one side and a different design on the other. It's likely a medallion, but it may still be solid gold. Would you be able to attach pictures to a follow-up question? Or you can email me pictures of it at
That will be helpful in identifying what exactly you have.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).