Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Is this a misprint

QUESTION: I have a 2009 dollar and under Washington chin the big chin role looks like it was pushed up in the middle is this a misprint

ANSWER: I would really have to see a picture or the bill itself.  If it looks very different from a normal bill, then yes, it probably is an error.  However, I working in the dark not being able to see it.
If you can scan it and send a picture, that might help.

2009 dollar
2009 dollar  
QUESTION: Here's a close up

Hi Michelle,

I can't make a definitive call from the scan.  However, I do think it warrants further investigation.  Is there any other part that "appears pushed up"?  Usually when there is an error on printed money, it's not just in one small area.

Good Luck, I really can't help any further.

Joe Hylas

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow