Coin and Paper Money Collecting/newfoundland 50 cent pieces

Question
My friend's dad was in the American navy and traveled to Newfoundland, Canada. He got a bunch of Newfoundland 50 cent pieces dated from 1889 to 1917...what would they be worth today, as Newfoundland did away with it's own currency once they joined federation.

Answer
Hi Patrice,

Condition will really dictate the value of these coins.  There are no really rare dates within the range you specified, so the values will range from under $10 for a really worn piece, up to over $100 for something that looks almost like new.

First hand examination by an expert would be required to determine exact grade and value.  Try checking www.coinworld.com for listings of coin shows in your area, where you can take the coins to be evaluated.

Good luck!

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore