Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Queen Elizabeth II d.g.reina 1867-1967 Canada 1 cent coin

I read the answer to the following question: Question
This 1 cent coin has a picture of Elizabeth 11 D. G. Regina on the front and the back has Canada wrote out with a bird flying in the air. Could you possible tell me the value of this item.  Thank you have a great day.

Hi Marcel, There were 345 million of these Canada Centennial cents featuring British Queen Elizabeth II (1952-) and a dove minted that one year and it may be worth up to about .20 if like brand new.
You might also try a library for a copy of the Standard Catalog of World Coins for pictures, values and lots more interesting info.

But my question is do you know or how can I find out how many of these coins are still in existance and what the value of one would be now to a coin collector?

Hi Lori,

We see several dozen of these coins each month here in the US so its safe to say that most of these coins are still in circulation. We regularly see uncirculated rolls of these coins so I would put the value of these closer to .01.

When we sell the uncirculated rolls they typically go for .75 to $1.00 plus shipping.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy

I can answer most questions about coin identification, grading and counterfeit detection. I can answer questions about US and Foreign coins & currency, ancient coins too.

30 years experience as a collector and dealer in rare coins ANA Numismatic Scholar Owner of New England Coin Exchange I have been buying and selling coins in RI for over 30 years

Professional Coin Grading Service - PCGS National Guaranty Corporation - NGC American Numismatic Association - ANA

Cityscape Merchant Circle Numismatic News eBay Providence Journal Bulletin All Experts

Numismatic Scholar Certificate - American Numismatic Association BSEE - New England Institute of Electronics