Coin and Paper Money Collecting/unknown coin

Side 1
Side 1  

side 2
side 2  
Greetings and Hello,
I am unable to find this coin on any website. Do you recognize this coin and is it common. Itis difficult for me to read but it says something like "mossa senhoka de nazareth" Thank you!
Please see attached
I have included a 2012 penny for size

Thank you

Hi William,
This is a commemorative medallion rather than a coin, which is why it's so difficult to find online. The language is Portuguese, so it's origin is either Portugal or Brazil. It reads "Nossa Senhora de Nazareth" (Our lady of Nazareth). It appears to be between 75 and 100 years old based on the style. Unfortunately privately made and often crude appearing items such as this generally do not bring high prices. I would expect around $10 as an auction and no more than $25 in a retail situation such as a coin shop or specialized dealer.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).