Coin and Paper Money Collecting/World War I Medal

WWI medal
WWI medal  

WWI medal
WWI medal  
I get a medal I think from France 1915, bronce, oval 31mm X 43mm. I want to know the Country and value. Thanks

Hi Ramon,
This is actually a fob, meant to hand off the chain on a pocket watch. It is or Italian origin and they are relatively common souvenirs. Value at auction is usually less than $20, though they can sell for twice that much in a retail situation like a coin shop or dealer.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).