Coin and Paper Money Collecting/$100 bill, 1929 Federal Reserve bank of Chicago

$100 Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
$100 Federal Reserve B  
I have a $100 bill that appears to be in very good condition with one off-center vertical crease, otherwise crisp and clean. One corner has a bit of wear and the corner is a bit rounded.

I am interested in knowing the value of this bill and where I could best sell it.

Thank you.

From Old Currency Buyers: "Series of 1929 one hundred dollar national bank notes have different values depending on their condition, serial number, and bank of issue.  Most 1929 $100 national bank notes sell for two or three times their face value if they are from a common bank.  If they are from a less than common bank then the typical range is $500 to $1,000.  Some very rare $100 1929 national bank notes are worth more than $1,000."

You may want to check US currency listings on eBay from time to time to see what this type of note brings.

If you live near a coin shop, I'd suggest you let them look at the note. Most dealers will offer an opinion as to the authenticity and value at no charge.

If you should decide to sell your bill to a dealer, remember they will offer about 50% to 60% of the retail value. You should always get two or more estimates, and try and deal with PNG (Professional Numismatists Guild) dealers when possible. I'll list the link for you to check dealers near you.

To find a PNG dealer, see Link:

Please remember to go to the experts site to rate this answer. And check the nomination box on the rating page below any comments you may have.

Thank You and Good Luck in your collecting.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern

I can answer most all questions relating to US coins, tokens, and currency. I'm not strong on world coins or ancients. Primary field of expertise is errors and varieties. Over 55 years experience in coin collecting. Part time dealer since 1976. Employed by McDonnell Douglas/Boeing for over 34 years as an Industrial Engineer/Technical Specialist before retiring in 2002.

Worked weekends for "Lonesome" John in the late 1960's to mid 1970's processing error coins, packaging, and preparing orders. Worked with John Devine and Fred Weinberg on several California Error A Rama's in the early 1970's. Served as display judge at annual Error-A-Rama coin shows. Opened and operated mail order coin business DBA "CAL ERRORS" in 1976. Contributor to Alan Herbert's "Official Price Guide To Mint Errors" and Fivaz/Stanton "Cherrypickers' Guide". Worked Saturdays at Huntington Beach Coin Exchange 1980-1999. Had table and sold coins at a number of coin and gun shows in So CA, AZ and NV. Sell coins, tokens and currency on Facebook. Past "Errorscope" Editor. Presently CONECA Examiner.

Errorscope, Numismatic News, Civil War Token Journal, Error and Variety News

AA Degree LBCC pre Engineering, 1964 BS Degree CSULB Ind Technology, 1968

1st Place EAR Trophy for Civil War Token Errors, NLG Author of Year Award for best monthly coin column "Error News and Views" in small Numismatic paper, owned and published by Ray Anthony.