Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1788 Quarter

Just found a quarter dollar.   No date on front just on back 1788.   It has G. Washington on the front and under where it says in God we trust has a D.   On the back it has the statue of liberty.  What is it?   Was found in a load of gravel that we had hauled in.    Thank you so much.   Cant even find a picture of it online.

New York Quarter
New York Quarter  
Hi Sue,

It sounds like the New York quarter from the 50 States Quarter program.  It was issued in 2001 -- it should have the 2001 date on the bottom of the same side it has the 1788 date.  I have attached a picture.

Assuming this is what you have, feel free to go ahead and spend it.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College