Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1929 Federal Reserve Bank Notes

Question
Recently I received an offer for the complete set of 1929 Federal Reserve Bank Notes.  It appears that this includes a $5 note, $10 note, $20 note, $50 note and $100 note.
Price is $179 plus $7 shipping and service for each note.
1.  Is there a market for these and would they make a good investment; and
2.  Is the price in the range of reason; and
3.  Are these still negotiable currency.  If so, the $100 note would be the best selection?

Thank you.

Answer
Hi Melvin,

Yes, they are still negotiable.  However, I doubt that the set includes $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 bills. That adds up to $185 and no one would sell them for under face value.

The notes are really only collectible in high grade.  In low grade, they may be worth only 10% over face value.  Since i have no way of knowing what condition they are in, I can't tell you the investment opportunity these offer.

Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Regards
Joe Hylas
Omega Precious Metals
Glen Cove, NY  11542

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas