Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coin

I have a gold coin
Front: Elizabeth 11 Regina
back:  Suid Afrika (date) 19-7. (there is a whole in the coin where a number should be)
Rest of it reads   South Africa 1D

Can you tell me what this coin is and if there is any value to it?
It is in excellent condition

I also have a paper Krona Island 1 dated 1941 dark blue
Old but not stained or torn

Hi Jeanne,
The coin is a bronze 1 penny. If it's gold in color that meas it has been painted to be used as an ornament, which is also why the hole was made. This is pretty common and I've seen dozens of South African bronze coins holed and painted gold. Unfortunately it would not have collectible value since both the hole and paint are considered significant damage by collectors.
The 1 krona note is worth $2-$3 if it has folds in it and $10-$15 if it's crisp without any folds or damage.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).