Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1995 $10 bill missing 3rd strikes on front face

Front of $10 bill errors
Front of $10 bill erro  
Back of $10 bill 1995
Back of $10 bill 1995  
QUESTION: I also have a 1995 $10 bill missing almost everything on the left and right front of the bill. No stamps, just the word ten on the right and barely anything on the left.

ANSWER: Hi David,

Thank you for the pictures.

Yes, your note does appear to be missing the third (green) print -- no serial numbers, no seal, etc.

These type of error notes are currently selling in the $100 to $200 range on eBay.

Let me know if you'd like me to give you the contact info for a couple currency dealers I know.

QUESTION: Thank you very much Dan. I appreciate your fast response and help. Quick question, I see tons of 1995 series $20 bills with this type of error on e-bay and via googling but I cannot come across any $10 bills with this error? Does this make it worth more or should I hold onto it for many years. Or decades.
Also any idea how many of these $10 bills with errors are in circulation? And please feel free to give my info to other dealers...

Thank you,

Hi David,

I think the difference may be in that they print more $20 bills.  This may make your $10 bill worth a little more, but I don't think the difference would be significant, and I don't think they will change a lot in value in a decade or two.

There's no way to know how many of these error notes are out there -- it's an error, not something that was planned for.

Lastly, here's the emails of two currency dealers I know, that you can send pictures of your note and see what they'll offer :

Harold Borden :

Joe Peruski :

Good luck!

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College