Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1995 $10 bill missing 3rd strikes on front face

Question
Front of $10 bill errors
Front of $10 bill erro  
Back of $10 bill 1995
Back of $10 bill 1995  
QUESTION: I also have a 1995 $10 bill missing almost everything on the left and right front of the bill. No stamps, just the word ten on the right and barely anything on the left.

ANSWER: Hi David,

Thank you for the pictures.

Yes, your note does appear to be missing the third (green) print -- no serial numbers, no seal, etc.

These type of error notes are currently selling in the $100 to $200 range on eBay.

Let me know if you'd like me to give you the contact info for a couple currency dealers I know.

Thanks,

Dan

QUESTION: Thank you very much Dan. I appreciate your fast response and help. Quick question, I see tons of 1995 series $20 bills with this type of error on e-bay and via googling but I cannot come across any $10 bills with this error? Does this make it worth more or should I hold onto it for many years. Or decades.
Also any idea how many of these $10 bills with errors are in circulation? And please feel free to give my info to other dealers...

Thank you,

David

Answer
Hi David,

I think the difference may be in that they print more $20 bills.  This may make your $10 bill worth a little more, but I don't think the difference would be significant, and I don't think they will change a lot in value in a decade or two.

There's no way to know how many of these error notes are out there -- it's an error, not something that was planned for.

Lastly, here's the emails of two currency dealers I know, that you can send pictures of your note and see what they'll offer :

Harold Borden : hpborden-62@msn.com

Joe Peruski : jperuski@monroecurrency.com

Good luck!

Dan

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore