Coin and Paper Money Collecting/2 kroner coin

Question
I have, I assume a silver 2 kroner coin. A little tarnished, on the back it says 1632 and 1958 on the opposite side, with a crown above a ship.
What is the coin worth. What do the two dates represent?

Answer

Hi Charles,
Is the coin you have the same one as the picture I attached? The years are actually 1638 and 1938, but tarnishing can make it hard to make out. This is a silver 2 kronor from Sweden and commemorates 300 years since the Swedish settlement of what is now the state of Delaware. Unfortunately this is a pretty common coin and one that is tarnished, worn or has other issues typically sells only a few dollars above melt value (melt value $7.50 at current silver prices).
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits