Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Canadian silver dollar idenification

I have some 1965, 1966 Elizabeth 11 silver dollars. What I need to know is what do the terms small bead, large bead, blunt five, and pointed five mean and where can I find them on the coins?

Hello David,

You would need to take these into a good coin shop who knows about them. This can not be done here with photos. We have identified several of them and one unique aspect of these coins is there very overpriced value in the coin guides.

We have seen and sold certified examples of these coins but they never seem to reach even half of the published value. Well known errors like the 3 legged buffalo nickel and double strike 1955 cent do well and sometimes surpass their stated value.

You should seek out a good numismatist in your area and have them identify the coins for you. If there are determined to be real you should send them to PCGS or NGC for grading and final authentication.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy

I can answer most questions about coin identification, grading and counterfeit detection. I can answer questions about US and Foreign coins & currency, ancient coins too.

30 years experience as a collector and dealer in rare coins ANA Numismatic Scholar Owner of New England Coin Exchange I have been buying and selling coins in RI for over 30 years

Professional Coin Grading Service - PCGS National Guaranty Corporation - NGC American Numismatic Association - ANA

Cityscape Merchant Circle Numismatic News eBay Providence Journal Bulletin All Experts

Numismatic Scholar Certificate - American Numismatic Association BSEE - New England Institute of Electronics