Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Canadian silver dollar idenification

Question
I have some 1965, 1966 Elizabeth 11 silver dollars. What I need to know is what do the terms small bead, large bead, blunt five, and pointed five mean and where can I find them on the coins?

Answer
Hello David,

You would need to take these into a good coin shop who knows about them. This can not be done here with photos. We have identified several of them and one unique aspect of these coins is there very overpriced value in the coin guides.

We have seen and sold certified examples of these coins but they never seem to reach even half of the published value. Well known errors like the 3 legged buffalo nickel and double strike 1955 cent do well and sometimes surpass their stated value.

You should seek out a good numismatist in your area and have them identify the coins for you. If there are determined to be real you should send them to PCGS or NGC for grading and final authentication.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy