Coin and Paper Money Collecting/coins

I have five coins 2 say new pence 50 on one side with a lady on a lion and on the other side they both say D.G.REG.F.D and Elizabeth II one is from 1977 and the other is from 1969. The next one says Republica Mexicana 1882 with an eagle holding a snake on a cactus and on the other side it says 50 centavos G with a little o underlined S.9027. The next says 1 sen with asian markings on the other side it has what looks like a wreath with asian markings and is the color of a penny. The last one says repvbblica italiana with a ladys face and the other side has a tree with a lady holding a branch and a staff and says L.100 1969. What are they worth?

Hello Brenda,

Your five 50 Pence coin from England are still legal tender and would be worth 82 cents US (each) today.

The 1882 50 Centavo coin from Mexico is worth about $10 to $50 depending on the condition. The Go indicates that it was minted in Guanajuato.

The 1 Sen coin is from Japan and is worth about 50 cents.

The last coin is a 100 Lire from Italy. It doesn't have any value as it has no silver, it is very common and they no longer use them as they switched over to the Euro some time ago.

David Mc  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

David McConaghy

I can answer most questions about coin identification, grading and counterfeit detection. I can answer questions about US and Foreign coins & currency, ancient coins too.

30 years experience as a collector and dealer in rare coins ANA Numismatic Scholar Owner of New England Coin Exchange I have been buying and selling coins in RI for over 30 years

Professional Coin Grading Service - PCGS National Guaranty Corporation - NGC American Numismatic Association - ANA

Cityscape Merchant Circle Numismatic News eBay Providence Journal Bulletin All Experts

Numismatic Scholar Certificate - American Numismatic Association BSEE - New England Institute of Electronics