Coin and Paper Money Collecting/folded and printed corner

Question
dollar bill corner printed fold
dollar bill corner pri  

dollar bill with folded corner
dollar bill with folde  
Hello Ron,
I own a fresh, but slightly wrinkled, 1995 dollar bill with a single-fold and printed lower left-hand corner. Left of Washington is a black smudging in the white zone, and around the "L" and green print below. The bill looks as if it had trouble getting through the print line as it is also crumpled in various places. Is this unusual, and what might its value be?

Jer

Answer
Jerry:

Bills are printed in sheets of 32 notes and in three phases. Obverse print, reverse print, and serial numbers with seals print. It is likely your sheet was partially creased during the initial printing phase, causing some of the printing to be off/in error. Your sheet, with the errors, went unnoticed during the cutting and final inspection phase. There are likely several others in your group that may have been printed with a similar type error.

While unusual, the error is small. More dollar notes are printed, so errors are more likely to happen on this value bill. The error may be worth $25 to $35 to an interested collector.

Here's a link with information on FRN's: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_Note

Here's link for you to view different types of error currency and their values.
Link: http://www.coinsite.com/html/uscurrencyerrors.asp

You may want to check US currency listings on eBay from time to time to see what these type of notes brings.

If you live near a coin shop, most dealers will offer an opinion as to the value at no charge.

If you should decide to sell your bills to a dealer, remember they will offer about 50% to 60% of the retail value. You should always get two or more estimates, and try and deal with PNG (Professional Numismatists Guild) dealers when possible. I'll list the link for you to check dealers near you.

To find a PNG dealer, see Link: http://www.pngdealers.com/dealersearch.php

Please remember to go to the experts site to rate this answer. And check the nomination box on the rating page below any comments you may have.

Thank You and Good Luck in your collecting.  

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern