Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1777 Carolus III coin

I have this coin that I think is in good shape because you can see a lot of details in the hair and clothing and face.  the backside says ET IND R M F M Hispan.  The front is 1777 Carolus III DEI Gratia and I want to sell it - I'm not a collector and it's so small (like a dime) I'm afraid I will lose it.  Thank you.

Hi Virginia,
This is a 1/2 reale (smallest denomination) silver coin made in Mexico City. These coins are popular and bring pretty good money in decent shape considering how small they are. Your best bet is to sell it on eBay, they do well there as long as you have a clear and close up picture of both sides. If you can attach a clear picture to a follow-up question of the portrait side of the coin I can give you a value range of what you can expect to get for it.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).