Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1907 twenty dollar USA gold coin

Question
1907 mint Mark
1907 mint Mark  
QUESTION: I dont know anything about this coin, especially a particular mint mark located to the right of 1907.  I would like to forward a picture for you.

ANSWER: Richard:

Without the weight, diameter, and thickness of your coin, it is hard to give you an exact answer, but the "mint mark" on your piece was done outside the mint after the coin was struck. It appears to be some type of counter-stamp. The mint mark for this type coin was found on the reverse side, directly under the eagle. In 1907, only coins were struck a Philadelphia, and had no mint mark.

Your coin is a common date for the series, with over 1.4 million struck. It appears to be in VF to EF condition, and would likely sell for about $75 to $100 over melt value. The counter-stamp may reduce the value a bit.

For more information, see: http://www.coinsite.com/CoinSite-PF/PParticles/$20type3.asp

For values, see:  http://coinauctionshelp.com/libertyhead_doubleeagle_withmotto.html

You may also want to check the U.S. gold category under coins and currency on eBay from time to time to see if your piece is listed what it may bring.

If you live close to a local shop, they should offer an opinion as to it's value and if it is authentic at no charge. Remember, should you choose to sell your coin, get at least two estimates from professional coin dealers (PNG). I've listed a link for you to find them in your area. Link: http://www.pngdealers.com/dealersearch.php

Dealers normally pay between 80% to 90% of retail for gold coins they want.

Please remember to go to the experts site to rate this answer. Check the nomination box on the rating page below any comments you may have.

Hungarian 100 Korona 22k Gold coin
Hungarian 100 Korona 2  
QUESTION: Thank you so much.  The coin was bought in Saudi Arabia around 1982 by my father..and now left to me.  The coin is pretty, unfortunately not as detailed as a real struck coin. Non the less 22K, I hope.

You are fantastic.  And thank you for your time.  

I am not a coin collector, but lately I am fascinated and I will slowly progress my knowledge. My current goal is finding the 1969 Lincoln S penny, fun project on the side.

I would like to know about the donation feature, if it goes directly to you, or elsewhere.

I do own a real 100 Hungarian Korona 22K gold, my prize possession.  Its a beautiful coin.

I will get the 1907 coin estimated, most likely for its gold value. I am confident in your answer, as I know a little about the purchasing location of this particular coin. Tabuk Saudi Arabia.  I have enclose a picture of my 100 korona coin.  BIZALMAN means CONFIDENCE in Hungarian. Which was purchased in Hungary.

Answer
Richard:

A U.S. gold coin purchased in a world country can be considered suspicious. It may be a copy, especially with the counter-stamp. Have it checked out by at least two qualified dealers.

The donation goes directly to me, but no one has yet to use the feature. I'm not paid for the answers I give on this site. It is a way for me to give back to a hobby that gave so much to me over the years.

The picture of your 100 Korona coin was not attached to the question.

Continued good luck in your collecting.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Ronald Fern