Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1975 uncirculated silver colored penny

Question
I work as a cashier at a gas station, a customer passed me change and i thought it was a dime. It looks like a brand new penny only 1975 on it, silver all the way around. Could you tell me if its worth anything?

Answer
Hi Rebecca,

Just because it is silver in color does not mean it is silver.  Chances are that it is a normal penny that has been plated with a white metals, whether that be silver, zinc, chrome, etc.

The only way to be sure would be to have the coin physically inspected by a professional.

Good Luck,
Regards
Joe Hylas
Omega Precious Metals

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas