Coin and Paper Money Collecting/1980 Russian Olympic coins

Question
I recently inherited 2 sets of 1980 Russian Olympic coins. They are encapsulated and in their red leather cases. I would like to know their value as I have been offered $550 and I think they should be worth more even as silver. Thank you.

Answer
Hi Carol,
You are absolutely correct. The silver value of the 28 coin set is around $650 at present, and the sets sell for a $700 to $750 on the auction market. If the coins you have are proofs, with frosted raised features and a mirror-like background, you can add another $50 to the collectible premium.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits