Coin and Paper Money Collecting/coin identification

SIDE \'A\'
SIDE 'A'  

SIDE \'B\'
SIDE 'B'  
Please help in identifying this coin (medallion) and what metal is it ? The diameter is approx 2cm.

Hi Patrick,
This is a novelty replica modeled after 18th and 19th century Ottoman Empire coins. These were made for use as ornaments, often used by dancers (if you've ever seen a belly dancer they have coin-like adornments like this on their dress). The metal is going to be an alloy similar to bronze and was likely silver-washed when it was new.
Thanks for the question! =)

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dmitry Livshits

My specialty is world coins from the 18th to 20th centuries, primarily non-US foreign coins and related areas such as errors and exonumia (tokens, medals, etc.). I can answer questions relating to identification, grading, selling, preservation and evaluation of such items. In addition to catalog value, I can give you the practical market value and trends for specific types of coins. I will also take questions regarding counterfeits (both modern and antique) and on how to identify them. I am NOT knowledgeable in paper money/banknotes, ancient or "shipwreck" coins. Thank you.

Collector of world coins since early childhood. Access to a variety of auction records and reference material. You can also find me on Facebook.

A.S. in Psychology (2006), B.A. in Forensic Psychology (2008), M.A. in Forensic Psychology (2011).