Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Coin Value

Question
My question concerns silver proof sets and the mint boxes with Certificate of Authenticity that come with them. If I toss the boxes and the certificates will it reduce the value of my collection. I ask this because I bought the lined mint storage boxes to store my coins and the 3 plastic coin sets that are produced on some years will not fit if the paper box is kept. After you get done laughing Thank You for answering my question.

Bob

Answer
HI Bob,

Heck, I'm not laughing.  Orig packaging is a selling point when the time comes.  Think about older commemorative halves, 1920's- 50's, they came with original mint packaging but no one saved those.  The boxes can be worth hundreds alone.

SAVE THE BOXES, SAVE THE BOXES

HaHa

Regards
Joe

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas