Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Error for Kennedy Half dollar

I just found a Kennedy half dollar that has two (tails) and no heads side. There is no date and there is an eagle on both sides. I know this is an error but I do not know how much it is worth. Thanks for your help.

Hi Chris,

What you have is a manufactured novelty item known as a magician's coin.  It was made by altering two normal coins and gluing the pieces together.

More information about these can be found here :

These generally sell for a couple dollars on eBay or in novelty shops.

I hope this helps,

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Dan Moore

My strong familiarity with all U.S. Mint coins, extensive reference library, and close relationships with many other dealers allows me to identify just about any coin made in the USA. I receive regular updates to all the current price guides -- both wholesale & retail -- to provide accurate values. So, with a good description or pictures, I should be able to identify and value any U.S. coin you have.

I've been a coin dealer since the 1980's and a coin collector since the 1960's. I specialize in U.S. Silver Coins and have an active online website -- The Working Man's Rare Coins -- -- offering information and inventory in U.S. coins.

Organizations I belong to :
American Numismatic Association Member #187770
Michigan State Numismatic Society Member #8255
Florida United Numismatics Member #19710
Monroe Coin Club Treasurer
Lincoln Coin Club Board Member
WINS Member #14
CoinMasters Member #1814

Frequently Asked Questions :
I have created a Frequently Asked Questions page on my website, where you may be able to get an immediate answer to your question. You can find the page here :

BBA from Adrian College