Coin and Paper Money Collecting/gold florin coin

numisjess wrote at 2014-01-09 19:07:50
that coin used to be in mine , that exact one!lol i looked into it extensivly,its an extreamly old counterfit (if it is one)and the mint masters mark ,the shield with the scorpion ...i havent ever been able to find .theres a book that lists the shields witch changed every four years,but theres only two of them in existance as far as i can find out and there in privet hands.  i lost it to a pawn shop about 3 years ago

Troy wrote at 2014-09-01 22:38:37
Hi, Joe, I also have this coin and is very identical to Donald ' s with the outside edges slightly worn off but eerily similar to his but I don't have that die line across the lilly. I also read that he also was holding a scallop shell? Most florin weighed 3.5 grams but a few versions did weigh 3.3 and some change as mine does. It does not stick to a magnet if that means anything? lol Could it be an imitation but struck in real gold? Troy

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow