Coin and Paper Money Collecting/Novice Dealer requesting advice.

Joe Hylas wrote at 2013-02-28 17:00:09
Hello Jeremy,

This is in response to you feedback from my answer.  I can understand you not liking my response, if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't like it either.  There are different schools of thought here.  Some people will pay nothing if they can to get a "score", other people pay a fair price and earn a fair profit. I have been in the rare coin/precious metals industry for 35 years, professionally.  I'm not rich, but I do sleep at night.  People who sell me coins, sell them because they need the money.  Knowing that they NEED the money make me want to pay them the best possible price.  It's all about KARMA.  Also, as a Rotarian, I know that what I do must benefit all involved and be fair.

Be fair and you will be successful and have a long career in your new venture.

Coin and Paper Money Collecting

Joe Hylas

Numismatic professional with over 30 years experience can answer your questions about US coins, their values, how best to sell them and where to buy them. Interested in starting a collection? Find out which areas are undervalued and how to acquire those coins at the best price.

Ex-Head Precious Metals trader for Deak-Perera International with 42 offices worldwide. Industry experience since 1978. Has worked co-operatively with US Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, Austrian Mint, Chamber of Mines of South Africa, World Gold Council and Platinum Guild International. Professioanl numismatist specializing in US Coins. Always buying collections, will travel if size of collection warrants. Website: www.AllCoins.US

PCGS, NGC, Rotary

Physician's Money Digest

Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration

Paul Harris Fellow